A unique international platform for influential figures from government and industry to connect with start-ups and digital entrepreneurs in the ICT sector, to exhibit and explore partnership solutions, investment opportunities, shared ideas and best practices.
ITU Telecom World 2016 is about making ideas go further, faster to make the world better, sooner:
- Exhibition offering international visibility for SMEs and entrepreneurs
- Global platform for industry players, countries, organisations and their innovative products and solutions from around the world
- High-level forum to debate the core issues affecting the ICT industry, share knowledge and work to achieve sustainable development
- Unprecedented access to emerging markets
- Targeted networking at all levels of the industry
Showcase potential and discover innovation. Meet partners and investors. Make connections that matter.
At the heart of ITU Telecom World 2016, the exhibition brings together companies and countries large and small, investors, innovators, projects and decision-makers. Explore Industry Stands, National Pavilion, SMEs and entrepreneurs from around the world. Take part in a full programme of exhibition activities, from investment and acceleration workshops to demos, presentations, networking opportunities and pitching sessions.
How can we expand and enhance the digital economy? Drive sustainable ICT sector growth in emerging and developed markets? Extend the socio-economic benefits of ICTs?
Collaboration is the key. Working together across the entire ICT ecosystem to establish new partnerships, develop new markets, and maximize new opportunities in the digital economy.
Our world-class programme of interactive debate, informed opinion and expert speakers from public and private sectors, developed and developing markets will explore “Collaborating in the Digital Economy” in the Leadership Summit and Forum at ITU Telecom World 2016.
- New approaches to connectivity: reimagining the satellite industry: how demand for always-on connectivity is leading to innovative connectivity solutions, new players and new markets for the satellite industry
- The connected car: freeway to the future or trouble on the road?:exploring the status and future of vehicle communications and automated driving from the perspectives of business, technology, and regulation, including the challenges of connectivity, security and privacy
- AI: The future of computing – but what’s next for humanity?: will computers need human interaction once AI enters the mainstream? What sort of companies will be the drivers behind AI?
Making the right connections makes for success in business and partnerships. That’s why ITU Telecom World events put networking first.
Events, spaces and online tools are designed to help you network with the right people from right across the ICT ecosystem. Putting you in touch with decision makers, ministers, fellow SMEs, visionaries, investors, and industry players. The individuals, organizations and ideas that matter.
THE ITU TELECOM WORLD AWARDS 2016
As the UN specialized agency for ICTs, with 193 Member States, over 700 private sector entities and 150 years of sector expertise, ITU understands the critical role of ICT solutions in accelerating social and economic development across emerging and developed markets alike. ICT-based applications, solutions and initiatives are uniquely powerful and effective in improving lives all around the world.
THE AWARDS AND WHO CAN ENTER
The ITU Telecom World Awards are open to all sponsors and exhibitors present at ITU Telecom World 2016, whether within a National or Thematic Pavilion, as an Independent Stand or SME Pod. The Awards will be presented by ITU Secretary-General Houlin Zhao at a high-profile ceremony during ITU Telecom World 2016 in five categories:
|Global SME Award||for the most promising innovative solution from an SME|
|Partner Award||presented by ITU Telecom World partners in recognition of innovative excellence in ICT initiatives for social good|
|Thematic Award||for the most promising innovative solutions with social impact in vertical sectors, whether as an SME or within a larger company. It may include sectors such as e education, e health, e government and disaster prevention/communications|
|Recognition of Excellence Certificate||for the best innovative exhibitor within each National Pavilion at ITU Telecom Word 2016|
|Host Country SME Award||for the best and most innovative SME or solution from the event host country|
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS ?
- Exclusive use of trophy and certificate “ITU Telecom World Award Winner 2016”
- Increased visibility during and after ITU Telecom World 2016
- Global recognition as an innovative ICT4D solutions provider
- Networking access to potential international public and private sector partners and customers
- Opportunity for dialogue with governments and policy makers at the highest level
HOW TO APPLY
All event exhibitors or sponsors can enter for the Global SME Award or Thematic Award by completing the online application form below. A distinguished jury of experts will select two finalists and one winner (Global SME Award) and one winner per vertical sector (Thematic Award) based on social impact, innovative use of ICTs, business model, scalability & replicability, and environmental sustainability.
Each participating National Pavilion will nominate an entity exhibiting within the pavilion for the Recognition of Excellence.
The Partner Award will be selected by a separate expert committee.
Only exhibitors and sponsors at ITU Telecom World 2016 are eligble to apply for the ITU Telecom World Awards.
Show your commitment to supporting ICT innovation with a social face. Enjoy great international visibility and UN recognition. Contact us to find out more on joining the ITU Telecom World Awards as a partner or sponsor.
ITU TELECOM WORLD AWARDS 2015
The inaugural ITU Telecom World Awards were presented at ITU Telecom World 2015 in Budapest, Hungary, recognising the most innovative and successful ICT-based small and medium enterprises exhibiting at the event and working to provide real social impact.